Tuesday 25 October 2011

shellac-ing good time

On the weekend apart from being violently ill for the most part I did make one outing. I headed into the local  "centro" mall at Warriewood pretty much a seniors mecca, shitloads of disabled parking, one floor and flat ground with numerous senior coffee incentives splashed all around, what more could you elderlies want. I went into my preferred nail salon (who do a mean hot stone massage as part of their pedicure treatment) and got a manicure and pedicure. Now as I was scouring the colours on the shelf I spied this incredibly girly pink bottle which  is not completely my thing but I thought summer lets go bright.

The colour I picked up was tutti frutti from CND a Shellac nail polish which boasts to last up to 14 days with incredible shine, no smudging and no chipping but still comes off as easily as normal nail polish. After a typical mani pedi prep I was moved to a station with two machines with an ultraviolet light beeming from them. After each coat of nail polish I put my hands into the ultraviolet machine and I felt some heat come from them onto my hands and feet. I was so impressed with the shine I'm a killer for a matte colour with an incredible shine. I often put two or three coats of top coat on in order to achieve this. I have not been more impressed with a colour and shine ever!

Day 2 and counting so hopefully it stays as shiney as this... Shellac and I'll never go back!!!