Tuesday 1 November 2011

the big M

So it is that time of year filled with the smell of spray tans, beautifully manicured hands and crazy feathered headgear, Melbourne Cup 2011! This is my first year to be betting for real as in I am placing the bets myself and not gettting other people to do it for me. I am not much of a gambler, I prefer the whole "sitting and drinking champagne" thing at the races. However, this year I'm a punter ohhh yeah. I am placing three bets;
1 Americain
2 At First Sight
3 Dunaden

Hopefully I can win some sweet cash to pay for some rounds of champagne with the crew. I spent almost an hour "researching bets" that surely has to count for something don't you think?

Now on to more important things, fa-fa-fashion. I am adoring my beloved friend Tarz's Frippery Design from her Spring/Summer 2010 Collection named Vivienne in black and teal - check out her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/#!/FripperyDesigns amazing handmade fasinators and hats at incredible prices - don't just drop into Portmans or DJ's this spring for your racewear and get some cheap-everyone-has-it headwear, take some pride ladies! I have paired a black Kookai rouched black knee length dress with sheer top detailing and a pair of Jeffery Campbell Mariel wedges in black suede and some teal nails courstey of chi chi and a lovisa gold and teal ring and to top it off a killer home job spray tan - I could not be more pleased with my golden glow and streak free tan when I woke up this morning.

Happy drinking and betting aka Melbourne Cup!



* Please note I know nothing abouy betting, I take no responsibility for any bets taken under my advisement