Monday 29 August 2011

manic monday

The tune for today is pretty self explantory...

"Manic Monday" - The Bangles is from their 1986 Different Light album written by Prince's psuedonym "Christopher" and was given to lead singer Susanna Hoffs in exchange for a naughty night time encounter. This an extremely appropriate and important song a. it is Monday and b. it has been crazy busy at work hence the manic portion but also because it is one of my first memories of my mum singing to me. The Bangles Greatest Hits record was a conveted one within my family and every single song has such a clear and defined memory of my childhood. It is also a favourite because The Bagles were one of the very few talented female bands who would not be described as stereotypical "angry chick" music. Holla to The Bangles and the ever appropriate Manic Monday.